San Francisco News
Power outage hits SF neighborhoods
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A power outage today struck some of San Francisco's most popular tourist destinations.
Power was knocked out to nearly 2,100 customers at Fisherman's Wharf, Ghirardelli Square, Nob Hill and Russian Hill.
One big concern was keeping all those fresh local crabs alive in Fisherman's Wharf because their tanks lost power and the refrigeration system was out as well.
It comes at one of the peak times for crab season.
"Well some of our customers are really understanding, others have walked off in a huff. Whether they chose to come back or not is their choice so this is not a positive for our business," Angela Cincotta from the Alioto-Lazio Fish Company said.
The outage also caused some traffic back-ups as lights were out in the affected areas.
Crews were able to restore power in about 90 minutes.
PG&E blames the outage on equipment failure, but won't elaborate.
nob hill, russian hill, fisherman's wharf, power outage, PG&E, san francisco news
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested 50 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 54 min ago
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut 4 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
50 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
54 min ago