San Francisco News
Power outage hits SF neighborhoods
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A power outage today struck some of San Francisco's most popular tourist destinations.
Power was knocked out to nearly 2,100 customers at Fisherman's Wharf, Ghirardelli Square, Nob Hill and Russian Hill.
One big concern was keeping all those fresh local crabs alive in Fisherman's Wharf because their tanks lost power and the refrigeration system was out as well.
It comes at one of the peak times for crab season.
"Well some of our customers are really understanding, others have walked off in a huff. Whether they chose to come back or not is their choice so this is not a positive for our business," Angela Cincotta from the Alioto-Lazio Fish Company said.
The outage also caused some traffic back-ups as lights were out in the affected areas.
Crews were able to restore power in about 90 minutes.
PG&E blames the outage on equipment failure, but won't elaborate.
nob hill, russian hill, fisherman's wharf, power outage, PG&E, san francisco news
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo 36 min ago
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos