San Francisco News
Power outage hits SF neighborhoods
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A power outage today struck some of San Francisco's most popular tourist destinations.
Power was knocked out to nearly 2,100 customers at Fisherman's Wharf, Ghirardelli Square, Nob Hill and Russian Hill.
One big concern was keeping all those fresh local crabs alive in Fisherman's Wharf because their tanks lost power and the refrigeration system was out as well.
It comes at one of the peak times for crab season.
"Well some of our customers are really understanding, others have walked off in a huff. Whether they chose to come back or not is their choice so this is not a positive for our business," Angela Cincotta from the Alioto-Lazio Fish Company said.
The outage also caused some traffic back-ups as lights were out in the affected areas.
Crews were able to restore power in about 90 minutes.
PG&E blames the outage on equipment failure, but won't elaborate.
nob hill, russian hill, fisherman's wharf, power outage, PG&E, san francisco news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Sunnyvale's 'Blue Cube' gets torn down
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed