San Francisco News
Man injured after another man hits him with object
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was arrested in San Francisco's Lower Haight neighborhood Thursday afternoon after he struck another man in the head with either a brick or rock, police said.
A 47-year-old man told police he was standing in the 300 block of Waller Street around 4:35 p.m. when a 33-year-old man approached him and hit him on the head, police said.
The suspect then ran away but was found by police nearby and taken into custody.
The victim had a cut on his head and was taken to the hospital for his injuries that are not considered life threatening, police said.
haight ashbury, crime, san francisco news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos