San Francisco News
Man injured after another man hits him with object
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was arrested in San Francisco's Lower Haight neighborhood Thursday afternoon after he struck another man in the head with either a brick or rock, police said.
A 47-year-old man told police he was standing in the 300 block of Waller Street around 4:35 p.m. when a 33-year-old man approached him and hit him on the head, police said.
The suspect then ran away but was found by police nearby and taken into custody.
The victim had a cut on his head and was taken to the hospital for his injuries that are not considered life threatening, police said.
haight ashbury, crime, san francisco news
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos