San Francisco News
SF commission to hear apartment smoking proposal
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The number of San Francisco apartments deemed to be "non-smoking" could be on the rise.
Today the city's land use commission will hear a proposal to require landlords to classify apartments as either smoking or non-smoking.
Supporters of the proposal say if landlords are mandated by law, the number of non-smoking apartments will rise. The proposal is being put forth by Supervisor Eric Mar. It does not address the issue of marijuana smoke.
san francisco news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF 21 min ago
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole 9 min ago
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge 8 min ago
- SamTrans bus hits low hanging wire in San Mateo 19 min ago
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house fire
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Results of Consumer Reports test of sunscreens
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Missing pony; High-speed rail 24 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos