San Francisco News
Sergeant's Broadway Tunnel joyride video raises questions
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Is it a prank or possibly an off-duty officer breaking the law? Those are the questions being asked after a San Francisco police sergeant posted a video online that is now getting a lot of attention.
The video shows a wild ride through San Francisco's Broadway Tunnel. It was posted on the Facebook page of San Francisco Police Sgt. Carl T. The sergeant wrote on his page, "100 Miles per hour in the Lambo," referring to a Lamborghini. The blog SFist reports he also commented that he and his friends "were all drunk."
The head of the San Francisco Police Officers Association says he's never seen anything like it.
"This would be on a case by case basis; if in fact it was an off-duty police officer driving the vehicle the chief of police would have to make a determination of whether or not discipline is appropriate," Gary Delagnes said.
There's no confirmation that the driver is Carl T. ABC7 News was unable to reach him Wednesday.
The sergeant has removed the video from his Facebook page and shut down the page entirely.
SFPD, north beach, russian hill, nob hill, chinatown, facebook, san francisco news
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- Cal students led move toward divestment 47 min ago
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Bay Area family competing in national Christmas light competition
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday