San Francisco News
Sergeant's Broadway Tunnel joyride video raises questions
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Is it a prank or possibly an off-duty officer breaking the law? Those are the questions being asked after a San Francisco police sergeant posted a video online that is now getting a lot of attention.
The video shows a wild ride through San Francisco's Broadway Tunnel. It was posted on the Facebook page of San Francisco Police Sgt. Carl T. The sergeant wrote on his page, "100 Miles per hour in the Lambo," referring to a Lamborghini. The blog SFist reports he also commented that he and his friends "were all drunk."
The head of the San Francisco Police Officers Association says he's never seen anything like it.
"This would be on a case by case basis; if in fact it was an off-duty police officer driving the vehicle the chief of police would have to make a determination of whether or not discipline is appropriate," Gary Delagnes said.
There's no confirmation that the driver is Carl T. ABC7 News was unable to reach him Wednesday.
The sergeant has removed the video from his Facebook page and shut down the page entirely.
SFPD, north beach, russian hill, nob hill, chinatown, facebook, san francisco news
- Death toll in Oklahoma tornado could climb to 91 46 min ago
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- NFL owners to announce Super Bowl 50 host city 51 min ago
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday