San Francisco News
Sergeant's Broadway Tunnel joyride video raises questions
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Is it a prank or possibly an off-duty officer breaking the law? Those are the questions being asked after a San Francisco police sergeant posted a video online that is now getting a lot of attention.
The video shows a wild ride through San Francisco's Broadway Tunnel. It was posted on the Facebook page of San Francisco Police Sgt. Carl T. The sergeant wrote on his page, "100 Miles per hour in the Lambo," referring to a Lamborghini. The blog SFist reports he also commented that he and his friends "were all drunk."
The head of the San Francisco Police Officers Association says he's never seen anything like it.
"This would be on a case by case basis; if in fact it was an off-duty police officer driving the vehicle the chief of police would have to make a determination of whether or not discipline is appropriate," Gary Delagnes said.
There's no confirmation that the driver is Carl T. ABC7 News was unable to reach him Wednesday.
The sergeant has removed the video from his Facebook page and shut down the page entirely.
SFPD, north beach, russian hill, nob hill, chinatown, facebook, san francisco news
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday