San Francisco News
Sergeant's Broadway Tunnel joyride video raises questions
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Is it a prank or possibly an off-duty officer breaking the law? Those are the questions being asked after a San Francisco police sergeant posted a video online that is now getting a lot of attention.
The video shows a wild ride through San Francisco's Broadway Tunnel. It was posted on the Facebook page of San Francisco Police Sgt. Carl T. The sergeant wrote on his page, "100 Miles per hour in the Lambo," referring to a Lamborghini. The blog SFist reports he also commented that he and his friends "were all drunk."
The head of the San Francisco Police Officers Association says he's never seen anything like it.
"This would be on a case by case basis; if in fact it was an off-duty police officer driving the vehicle the chief of police would have to make a determination of whether or not discipline is appropriate," Gary Delagnes said.
There's no confirmation that the driver is Carl T. ABC7 News was unable to reach him Wednesday.
The sergeant has removed the video from his Facebook page and shut down the page entirely.
SFPD, north beach, russian hill, nob hill, chinatown, facebook, san francisco news
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour ring record 44 min ago
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane 52 min ago
- SJ seeks crowdfunding support for gun buyback
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area 10 min ago
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday