San Francisco News
Sergeant's Broadway Tunnel joyride video raises questions
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Is it a prank or possibly an off-duty officer breaking the law? Those are the questions being asked after a San Francisco police sergeant posted a video online that is now getting a lot of attention.
The video shows a wild ride through San Francisco's Broadway Tunnel. It was posted on the Facebook page of San Francisco Police Sgt. Carl T. The sergeant wrote on his page, "100 Miles per hour in the Lambo," referring to a Lamborghini. The blog SFist reports he also commented that he and his friends "were all drunk."
The head of the San Francisco Police Officers Association says he's never seen anything like it.
"This would be on a case by case basis; if in fact it was an off-duty police officer driving the vehicle the chief of police would have to make a determination of whether or not discipline is appropriate," Gary Delagnes said.
There's no confirmation that the driver is Carl T. ABC7 News was unable to reach him Wednesday.
The sergeant has removed the video from his Facebook page and shut down the page entirely.
SFPD, north beach, russian hill, nob hill, chinatown, facebook, san francisco news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday