San Francisco News
One confirmed dead in multi-vehicle crash on I-280
An on-ramp and one lane of traffic on southbound interstate Highway 280 in South San Francisco is blocked as emergency responders are at the scene of a multi-vehicle crash that killed at least one person, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The CHP received reports a short time after 12:20 p.m. of a collision reportedly involving at least three cars on southbound Highway 280 at the Westborough Boulevard on-ramp.
One person involved in the crash has been confirmed dead, Officer James Evans said.
The southbound Highway 280 Westborough Boulevard on-ramp and one right-hand lane along the roadway have been closed and are not expected to reopen until around 3 p.m., the officer said.
The CHP issued a Sig-alert for the crash at 12:51 p.m.
crash, I-280, san francisco news
- Freeze Warning remains in effect across Bay Area
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela 41 min ago
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Speeding driver rear-ends San Jose police officer 43 min ago
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added 35 min ago
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Parents sound off on baby seat with iPad-holder
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Hate crime task force; Suspect fatally shot
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos