San Francisco News
One confirmed dead in multi-vehicle crash on I-280
An on-ramp and one lane of traffic on southbound interstate Highway 280 in South San Francisco is blocked as emergency responders are at the scene of a multi-vehicle crash that killed at least one person, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The CHP received reports a short time after 12:20 p.m. of a collision reportedly involving at least three cars on southbound Highway 280 at the Westborough Boulevard on-ramp.
One person involved in the crash has been confirmed dead, Officer James Evans said.
The southbound Highway 280 Westborough Boulevard on-ramp and one right-hand lane along the roadway have been closed and are not expected to reopen until around 3 p.m., the officer said.
The CHP issued a Sig-alert for the crash at 12:51 p.m.
crash, I-280, san francisco news
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes 26 min ago
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Orinda fire; Obama coming to Bay Area
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday