San Francisco News
Concord student ID'd as victim of SF shooting
SAN FRANCISCO -- An East Bay high school senior is being mourned today after he was killed in a shooting in San Francisco's Bayview District on Saturday night.
The teen, identified by the medical examiner's office as 17-year-old Montreal Blakely, was shot in the first block of Osceola Lane at about 10 p.m. Saturday, police said.
Blakely was taken by a friend to a hospital where he was pronounced dead, according to police.
The Concord High School student played on the football team as a starting defensive back, according to coaches.
"He was a great kid, great teammate," head coach Brian Hamilton said. "He was super friendly and conscientious ... it's a real tragedy."
Many students at the school organized via social media to wear black today to mourn Blakely, and a vigil for him is planned at the football field at 7 p.m. Friday, Hamilton said.
The team's defensive coordinator, Randy Coddington, said Blakely was a team leader.
"He was very hard-working, got really good grades. Everyone on the team liked him," Coddington said.
San Francisco police said today they had no information on possible suspects.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's homicide detail at (415) 553-1145, the anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
murder, bayview hunters point, san francisco news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court 41 min ago
- Man fined $525 for refilling drink without paying
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear...
41 min ago