San Francisco News
Concord student ID'd as victim of SF shooting
SAN FRANCISCO -- An East Bay high school senior is being mourned today after he was killed in a shooting in San Francisco's Bayview District on Saturday night.
The teen, identified by the medical examiner's office as 17-year-old Montreal Blakely, was shot in the first block of Osceola Lane at about 10 p.m. Saturday, police said.
Blakely was taken by a friend to a hospital where he was pronounced dead, according to police.
The Concord High School student played on the football team as a starting defensive back, according to coaches.
"He was a great kid, great teammate," head coach Brian Hamilton said. "He was super friendly and conscientious ... it's a real tragedy."
Many students at the school organized via social media to wear black today to mourn Blakely, and a vigil for him is planned at the football field at 7 p.m. Friday, Hamilton said.
The team's defensive coordinator, Randy Coddington, said Blakely was a team leader.
"He was very hard-working, got really good grades. Everyone on the team liked him," Coddington said.
San Francisco police said today they had no information on possible suspects.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's homicide detail at (415) 553-1145, the anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
murder, bayview hunters point, san francisco news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket 2 min ago
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition 15 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bay Bridge bolt fix running a month behind schedule 55 min ago
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water 36 min ago
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 35 min ago
- Woman distracted by FB on phone falls off pier
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music 16 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos