San Francisco News
SF charity in desperate need of holiday hams
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A Bay Area charity has put out its holiday wish list -- it's in dire need of Christmas hams.
Saint Anthony's Foundation needs to collect 500 hams before Tuesday so it can serve its traditional Christmas dinner.
It made a similar appeal for turkeys before Thanksgiving and was able to surpass its goal.
St. Anthony's serves thousands of meals a day. They say one-fifth of those seeking assistance are military veterans.
Donations can be dropped off at its dining room at 150 Golden Gate Avenue in San Francisco.
veterans, military, food, holiday, christmas, charities, religion, san francisco news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos