San Francisco News
SF charity in desperate need of holiday hams
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A Bay Area charity has put out its holiday wish list -- it's in dire need of Christmas hams.
Saint Anthony's Foundation needs to collect 500 hams before Tuesday so it can serve its traditional Christmas dinner.
It made a similar appeal for turkeys before Thanksgiving and was able to surpass its goal.
St. Anthony's serves thousands of meals a day. They say one-fifth of those seeking assistance are military veterans.
Donations can be dropped off at its dining room at 150 Golden Gate Avenue in San Francisco.
veterans, military, food, holiday, christmas, charities, religion, san francisco news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos