San Francisco News
Glide and SF Giants hand out thousands of toys
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco's Glide Memorial Church handed out almost 10,000 toys Saturday as part of its annual holiday giveaway.
This year the San Francisco Giants partnered with Glide to make sure each child got a bag full of toys. The team's mascot, Lou Seal, was on hand to greet the kids and their families.
Glide staff say the need is greater than ever this year. They say families have to choose between toys and food. And for many of the children, this toy give away is all they get for Christmas.
glide memorial church, san francisco giants, holiday, christmas, charities, children, san francisco news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos