San Francisco News
Glide and SF Giants hand out thousands of toys
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco's Glide Memorial Church handed out almost 10,000 toys Saturday as part of its annual holiday giveaway.
This year the San Francisco Giants partnered with Glide to make sure each child got a bag full of toys. The team's mascot, Lou Seal, was on hand to greet the kids and their families.
Glide staff say the need is greater than ever this year. They say families have to choose between toys and food. And for many of the children, this toy give away is all they get for Christmas.
glide memorial church, san francisco giants, holiday, christmas, charities, children, san francisco news
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos