San Francisco News
BART extending service for New Year's Eve
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- BART is extending service to make sure people get home safely from New Year's Eve parties.
The transit agency says it will keep operating until 3 a.m. Tuesday, January 1.
This is all to accommodate the throngs of people who will head to downtown San Francisco for the fireworks show.
Be aware that trains will stop at either the Embarcadero or Montgomery station -- but not both.
BART, transportation, new year's eve, san francisco news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
45 min ago