San Francisco News
BART extending service for New Year's Eve
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- BART is extending service to make sure people get home safely from New Year's Eve parties.
The transit agency says it will keep operating until 3 a.m. Tuesday, January 1.
This is all to accommodate the throngs of people who will head to downtown San Francisco for the fireworks show.
Be aware that trains will stop at either the Embarcadero or Montgomery station -- but not both.
BART, transportation, new year's eve, san francisco news
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move
- Dixon boy fatally mauled by dog in Union City
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Colma BART station reopened after fatality
- 7 construction workers, firefighter hurt in SF General fire
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after SF Hwy 101 crash
- Authorities: Unattended campfire caused Calif. fire 23 min ago
- Intel chief: NSA foiled dozens of terrorist plots 39 min ago
- Woman attacked by girls on Muni Metro train
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation 46 min ago
- roundup: 'Night Stalker's' cause of death; CA water
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Intel chief: NSA foiled dozens of terrorist...
39 min ago