San Francisco News
Several on Embarcadero arrested for misdemeanors
SAN FRANCISCO -- Police arrested at least ten people for public intoxication and other crimes as New Year's festivities were in full swing on the Embarcadero in San Francisco.
As of 3 a.m., officers had arrested ten people in the Embarcadero area, where an annual fireworks show drew large crowds. Eight of those arrests were for public intoxication, and two were for unspecified misdemeanors, police said.
It was unknown whether any arrests had been made this morning in connection with two shootings in the area.
The first shooting occurred around 10:40 p.m. near Jefferson and Mason streets, and left one person with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to the hand.
Around 11.30 p.m., shots were fired on the Embarcadero near Pier 23, striking a 12-year-old boy in the foot and grazing a man in the hip, police said.
No suspect information was available.
BART, muni, caltrain, DUI, holiday, transportation, new year's eve, new year's eve event, fireworks, embarcadero, SFPD, san francisco news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe 16 min ago
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 44 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 48 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
12 min ago