San Francisco News
Robbers punch woman while stealing wigs
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 75-year-old woman was punched by two men stealing wigs from a business on Polk Street in San Francisco on Sunday afternoon, police said.
The robbery was reported at 4:11 p.m. in the 1200 block of Polk Street.
The suspects, described as men between 25 and 30 years old, were trying to leave the business with the stolen wigs when the woman confronted them, according to police.
One of the suspects punched the woman in the head and they ran away.
The victim was able to recover one of the stolen wigs and declined medical treatment, according to police.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411.
crime, san francisco news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday