San Francisco News
Robbers punch woman while stealing wigs
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 75-year-old woman was punched by two men stealing wigs from a business on Polk Street in San Francisco on Sunday afternoon, police said.
The robbery was reported at 4:11 p.m. in the 1200 block of Polk Street.
The suspects, described as men between 25 and 30 years old, were trying to leave the business with the stolen wigs when the woman confronted them, according to police.
One of the suspects punched the woman in the head and they ran away.
The victim was able to recover one of the stolen wigs and declined medical treatment, according to police.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411.
crime, san francisco news
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest 36 min ago
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 33
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood 19 min ago
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Brother of man killed by drunk driver throws first pitch 12 min ago
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M
- Counties tell Brown they need money for his law
- Brentwood police investigate armed robbery spree
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday