San Francisco News
Robbers punch woman while stealing wigs
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 75-year-old woman was punched by two men stealing wigs from a business on Polk Street in San Francisco on Sunday afternoon, police said.
The robbery was reported at 4:11 p.m. in the 1200 block of Polk Street.
The suspects, described as men between 25 and 30 years old, were trying to leave the business with the stolen wigs when the woman confronted them, according to police.
One of the suspects punched the woman in the head and they ran away.
The victim was able to recover one of the stolen wigs and declined medical treatment, according to police.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411.
crime, san francisco news
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday