San Francisco News
Taxi driver has cab stolen at gunpoint in SF
SAN FRANCISCO -- A taxi driver had his cab stolen at gunpoint near San Francisco's AT&T Park early on New Year's Day, police said today.
The carjacking was reported at about 5 a.m. Tuesday near Second and King streets.
The 28-year-old driver was flagged down by a suspect who got into the cab and ordered the driver at gunpoint to get out of the car, according to police.
The suspect, a man in his 20s, then got into the driver's seat and drove away. He had not been found as of this morning, police said.
Anyone with information about the carjacking is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411.
soma, san francisco news
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault 21 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday