San Francisco News
Taxi driver has cab stolen at gunpoint in SF
SAN FRANCISCO -- A taxi driver had his cab stolen at gunpoint near San Francisco's AT&T Park early on New Year's Day, police said today.
The carjacking was reported at about 5 a.m. Tuesday near Second and King streets.
The 28-year-old driver was flagged down by a suspect who got into the cab and ordered the driver at gunpoint to get out of the car, according to police.
The suspect, a man in his 20s, then got into the driver's seat and drove away. He had not been found as of this morning, police said.
Anyone with information about the carjacking is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411.
soma, san francisco news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas 3 min ago
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash 47 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday