San Francisco News
Police searching for driver who crashed into power pole
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco police are still looking for a driver who slammed into a power pole while trying to escape the CHP.
The BMW crashed into the pole and a parked truck near Townsend and Fifth streets around 2 a.m. Friday.
The pole was shattered, leaving 2,500 PG&E customers in the dark, and the driver took off.
All customers now have their power back, and repairs to the pole should be done by 8 p.m.
CHP, PG&E, crash, SFPD, san francisco news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach 17 min ago
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland 5 min ago
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices 6 min ago
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline 12 min ago
- BART board meets over error in union contract 36 min ago
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list 9 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos