San Francisco News
Police searching for driver who crashed into power pole
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco police are still looking for a driver who slammed into a power pole while trying to escape the CHP.
The BMW crashed into the pole and a parked truck near Townsend and Fifth streets around 2 a.m. Friday.
The pole was shattered, leaving 2,500 PG&E customers in the dark, and the driver took off.
All customers now have their power back, and repairs to the pole should be done by 8 p.m.
CHP, PG&E, crash, SFPD, san francisco news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF 8 min ago
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County 47 min ago
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case