San Francisco News
Surveillance video shows alleged mail thieves in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Some frustrated San Francisco apartment residents have released surveillance video in the hopes of identifying a pair of alleged mail thieves.
The tape shows two people breaking into the building on Gough Street Wednesday morning. The thieves then stole the contents of the mail boxes.
Residents claim police didn't respond until Thursday, after the same two people broke in again.
"San Francisco's a very busy city, so we have to prioritize a lot of our calls," said SFPD Officer Carlos Manfredi. "We have our 'a' priorities, our 'b' priorities, and our 'c' priorities. As much as we'd like to be everywhere, it's very difficult."
Residents say police told them postal inspectors would have to handle the incident since the theft was from inside the mail boxes.
SFPD, USPS, crime, san francisco news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game 53 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court 5 min ago
- Man fined $525 for refilling drink without paying 54 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- Firework thrown into bleachers during...
53 min ago
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear...
5 min ago