San Francisco News
Surveillance video shows alleged mail thieves in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Some frustrated San Francisco apartment residents have released surveillance video in the hopes of identifying a pair of alleged mail thieves.
The tape shows two people breaking into the building on Gough Street Wednesday morning. The thieves then stole the contents of the mail boxes.
Residents claim police didn't respond until Thursday, after the same two people broke in again.
"San Francisco's a very busy city, so we have to prioritize a lot of our calls," said SFPD Officer Carlos Manfredi. "We have our 'a' priorities, our 'b' priorities, and our 'c' priorities. As much as we'd like to be everywhere, it's very difficult."
Residents say police told them postal inspectors would have to handle the incident since the theft was from inside the mail boxes.
SFPD, USPS, crime, san francisco news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose 16 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist 54 min ago
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos