San Francisco News
Surveillance video shows alleged mail thieves in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Some frustrated San Francisco apartment residents have released surveillance video in the hopes of identifying a pair of alleged mail thieves.
The tape shows two people breaking into the building on Gough Street Wednesday morning. The thieves then stole the contents of the mail boxes.
Residents claim police didn't respond until Thursday, after the same two people broke in again.
"San Francisco's a very busy city, so we have to prioritize a lot of our calls," said SFPD Officer Carlos Manfredi. "We have our 'a' priorities, our 'b' priorities, and our 'c' priorities. As much as we'd like to be everywhere, it's very difficult."
Residents say police told them postal inspectors would have to handle the incident since the theft was from inside the mail boxes.
SFPD, USPS, crime, san francisco news
- SFFD continues to monitor 5-alarm fire in Mission Bay 20 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos