San Francisco News
Suspected DUI driver crashes into police car
SAN FRANCISCO -- A San Francisco police officer was injured when an apparent drunken driver struck his car head-on in the city's Mission District early this morning, police said.
The collision was reported at 12:48 a.m. at Mission and 19th streets.
The 22-year-old suspect, whose name has not been released, was speeding west on 19th Street in a BMW 328i when he drove into oncoming traffic and struck the eastbound police car, according to police.
An officer complained of neck pain and was taken to a hospital, police said.
No other details about the crash were immediately available this morning.
crash, DUI, SFPD, mission district, san francisco news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland 51 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos