San Francisco News
Suspected DUI driver crashes into police car
SAN FRANCISCO -- A San Francisco police officer was injured when an apparent drunken driver struck his car head-on in the city's Mission District early this morning, police said.
The collision was reported at 12:48 a.m. at Mission and 19th streets.
The 22-year-old suspect, whose name has not been released, was speeding west on 19th Street in a BMW 328i when he drove into oncoming traffic and struck the eastbound police car, according to police.
An officer complained of neck pain and was taken to a hospital, police said.
No other details about the crash were immediately available this morning.
crash, DUI, SFPD, mission district, san francisco news
- Several aftershocks felt after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Bay Area man arrested in Czech murders case
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man arrested for masturbating outside hospital in SF 15 min ago
- BART board votes to relax rush hour bike ban
- Magnitude 8.2 earthquake hits Russia's Far East
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- LA Kings beat SJ Sharks in Game 5
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: Bicyclist killed in SF; Body in canal ID'd
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday