San Francisco News
Suspected DUI driver crashes into police car
SAN FRANCISCO -- A San Francisco police officer was injured when an apparent drunken driver struck his car head-on in the city's Mission District early this morning, police said.
The collision was reported at 12:48 a.m. at Mission and 19th streets.
The 22-year-old suspect, whose name has not been released, was speeding west on 19th Street in a BMW 328i when he drove into oncoming traffic and struck the eastbound police car, according to police.
An officer complained of neck pain and was taken to a hospital, police said.
No other details about the crash were immediately available this morning.
crash, DUI, SFPD, mission district, san francisco news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break 22 min ago
- Broken window of high-rise shuts down block in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school 4 min ago
- Obama signs memo to strengthen overtime pay rules 54 min ago
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday