San Francisco News
SF supes vote to ban smoking at festivals, parades
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco Board of Supervisors voted unanimously Tuesday to ban smoking at outdoor festivals and parades.
Proponents say police would not be patrolling festivals for violators but instead, they would depend on peer pressure and a publicity campaign to keep people from lighting up.
If the ban gets a final approval later this month, it could take effect in time for the Chinese New Year's Parade in February.
Block parties would not be subject to the smoking ban.
smoking, san francisco news
- One dead, another critical in San Francisco fire 25 min ago
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station 36 min ago
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery 8 min ago
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos