San Francisco News
SF supes vote to ban smoking at festivals, parades
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco Board of Supervisors voted unanimously Tuesday to ban smoking at outdoor festivals and parades.
Proponents say police would not be patrolling festivals for violators but instead, they would depend on peer pressure and a publicity campaign to keep people from lighting up.
If the ban gets a final approval later this month, it could take effect in time for the Chinese New Year's Parade in February.
Block parties would not be subject to the smoking ban.
smoking, san francisco news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping 3 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
10 min ago
- Milpitas police investigate possible...
3 min ago