San Francisco News
Barricaded man talked out of apartment
SAN FRANCISCO -- A standoff that started Tuesday afternoon finally ended tonight when a man barricaded inside a San Francisco apartment surrendered to police, a police officer said.
Officers were called to the apartment complex in the 400 block of 20th Avenue at 3:20 p.m. after receiving a report that a man had fired a gun inside an apartment there, Officer Carlos Manfredi said.
Police found a bullet hole in the front door and after making several attempts to knock on the door they attempted to enter the apartment fearing the man may be a danger to himself.
They then heard someone yelling from behind the door, and fearing he may be armed, they stepped back and called for reinforcements.
The department's tactical unit responded and eventually hostage negotiators made contact with him and the man surrendered tonight at about 8:15 p.m.
The man's mental health is being evaluated, Manfredi said.
richmond district, san francisco news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday