San Francisco News
Pedestrian hit, killed on Howard Street
SAN FRANCISCO -- A pedestrian was struck by two cars and killed in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood this evening, police said.
The pedestrian, a woman in her mid-40s, was struck and killed at 5:44 p.m. near the intersection of Seventh and Howard streets, Officer Carlos Manfredi said.
Police remain on the scene investigating. Northbound Seventh Street remains closed to Folsom Street, and westbound Hoard Street is closed until Sixth Street.
The drivers of the two cars remained on the scene and cooperated with investigators.
pedestrian struck, soma, san francisco news
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma tornado 11 min ago
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- NFL owners to announce Super Bowl 50 host city
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday