San Francisco News
Ivory Madison files defamation suit against Mirkarimi
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- ABC7 News has confirmed that San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi and his wife are being sued for defamation of character.
The lawsuit stems from Mirkarimi's domestic violence incident on New Year's Eve 2011. Mirkarimi's wife, Eliana Lopez, allowed her neighbor, Ivory Madison, to videotape her bruised arm as she described what happened.
Madison called police, which ultimately led to Mirkarimi's arrest and suspension.
The sheriff later plead guilty to false imprisonment and was reinstated.
During the ordeal, Mirkarimi harshly criticized Madison for contacting police.
ross mirkarimi, eliana lopez, domestic violence, lawsuit, san francisco news
- 49ers fear Michael Crabtree has torn Achilles 1 min ago
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Wind wreaks havoc across the Bay Area
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related 42 min ago
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- 7 On Your Side: Save on summer vacation flights
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Boy nearly run-over; Oklahoma aid
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday