San Francisco News
Ivory Madison files defamation suit against Mirkarimi
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- ABC7 News has confirmed that San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi and his wife are being sued for defamation of character.
The lawsuit stems from Mirkarimi's domestic violence incident on New Year's Eve 2011. Mirkarimi's wife, Eliana Lopez, allowed her neighbor, Ivory Madison, to videotape her bruised arm as she described what happened.
Madison called police, which ultimately led to Mirkarimi's arrest and suspension.
The sheriff later plead guilty to false imprisonment and was reinstated.
During the ordeal, Mirkarimi harshly criticized Madison for contacting police.
ross mirkarimi, eliana lopez, domestic violence, lawsuit, san francisco news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found 16 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88 38 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 30 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- 1 dead, 3 injured in North Richmond shooting 49 min ago
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs 21 min ago
- Thousands protest ahead of Fukushima anniversary 4 min ago
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
30 min ago