San Francisco News
Surfer rescued from rocks near Cliff House
SAN FRANCISCO -- A surfer who was stranded on a rock near the Cliff House restaurant Monday afternoon has been rescued, a San Francisco Fire Department dispatcher said.
Two U.S. Coast Guard swimmers jumped into the water near the Cliff House, and the stranded surfer jumped off the rock toward them, U.S. Coast Guard Petty Officer Emily Wilhite said.
He was then picked up by a Police Department boat, a fire dispatcher said.
Wilhite said the surfer was taken to China Beach.
The incident was reported at 11:37 a.m. and the surfer was rescued around 12:40 p.m., she said.
rescue, ocean beach, san francisco news
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 53 min ago
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos