San Francisco News
Surfer rescued from rocks near Cliff House
SAN FRANCISCO -- A surfer who was stranded on a rock near the Cliff House restaurant Monday afternoon has been rescued, a San Francisco Fire Department dispatcher said.
Two U.S. Coast Guard swimmers jumped into the water near the Cliff House, and the stranded surfer jumped off the rock toward them, U.S. Coast Guard Petty Officer Emily Wilhite said.
He was then picked up by a Police Department boat, a fire dispatcher said.
Wilhite said the surfer was taken to China Beach.
The incident was reported at 11:37 a.m. and the surfer was rescued around 12:40 p.m., she said.
rescue, ocean beach, san francisco news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL pipeline
- Senate panel approves weapons for Syrian rebels
- Poll: Teens migrating to Twitter
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday