San Francisco News
Police search for suspect in connection with shooting
SAN FRANCISCO -- Police are investigating a shooting that killed one man and hospitalized another in San Francisco's Crocker Amazon neighborhood this morning, a police officer said.
Officers responded to a report of shots fired in the 1100 block of Naples Street at about 12:05 a.m., Officer Gordon Shyy said.
When officers arrived at the scene, they found two men suffering from gunshot wounds, Shyy said.
One of the victims, 43, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The other, 34, was transported to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for multiple wounds to the upper body, Shyy said. His injuries are not considered life-threatening, he said.
Police are searching for one suspect, described as a white or Hispanic man last seen wearing dark clothing, Shyy said. The suspect fled the area on foot.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the San Francisco police at (415) 575-4444.
The homicide marks the city's third of the year.
crime, shooting, san francisco news
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature 36 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday 28 min ago
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop" 49 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos