San Francisco News
Police search for suspect in connection with shooting
SAN FRANCISCO -- Police are investigating a shooting that killed one man and hospitalized another in San Francisco's Crocker Amazon neighborhood this morning, a police officer said.
Officers responded to a report of shots fired in the 1100 block of Naples Street at about 12:05 a.m., Officer Gordon Shyy said.
When officers arrived at the scene, they found two men suffering from gunshot wounds, Shyy said.
One of the victims, 43, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The other, 34, was transported to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for multiple wounds to the upper body, Shyy said. His injuries are not considered life-threatening, he said.
Police are searching for one suspect, described as a white or Hispanic man last seen wearing dark clothing, Shyy said. The suspect fled the area on foot.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the San Francisco police at (415) 575-4444.
The homicide marks the city's third of the year.
crime, shooting, san francisco news
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race 15 min ago
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF 17 min ago
- Sharks look to extend series vs. Kings to 7th game
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Elderly woman with Alzheimer's missing in Palo Alto
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- PG&E disputes record fine for San Bruno blast
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained 10 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday