San Francisco News
12 arrested in Mission District revelry after 49ers win
SAN FRANCISCO -- A dozen people were arrested Sunday during the revelry in the Mission District after the San Francisco 49ers' NFC Championship victory, police said today.
One person was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, one on an outstanding warrant and one for driving under the influence. Nine people were arrested for public intoxication, police spokesman Officer Gordon Shyy said.
Crowds spilled into the streets following the 49ers' 28-24 win over the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, briefly taking over part of Mission Street near Silver Avenue, Shyy said.
However, there were no reports of vandalism like that seen in October, when rowdy crowds damaged storefronts along several blocks in the Mission after the San Francisco Giants won the World Series, Shyy said.
He said police are already planning for the Super Bowl on Feb. 3, when the 49ers will face the Baltimore Ravens in New Orleans.
san francisco 49ers, nfl, nfl playoffs, SFPD, crime, san francisco news
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion 50 min ago
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- SF police investigating shooting in the Outer Mission 7 min ago
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos