San Francisco News
12 arrested in Mission District revelry after 49ers win
SAN FRANCISCO -- A dozen people were arrested Sunday during the revelry in the Mission District after the San Francisco 49ers' NFC Championship victory, police said today.
One person was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, one on an outstanding warrant and one for driving under the influence. Nine people were arrested for public intoxication, police spokesman Officer Gordon Shyy said.
Crowds spilled into the streets following the 49ers' 28-24 win over the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, briefly taking over part of Mission Street near Silver Avenue, Shyy said.
However, there were no reports of vandalism like that seen in October, when rowdy crowds damaged storefronts along several blocks in the Mission after the San Francisco Giants won the World Series, Shyy said.
He said police are already planning for the Super Bowl on Feb. 3, when the 49ers will face the Baltimore Ravens in New Orleans.
san francisco 49ers, nfl, nfl playoffs, SFPD, crime, san francisco news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday