San Francisco News
12 arrested in Mission District revelry after 49ers win
SAN FRANCISCO -- A dozen people were arrested Sunday during the revelry in the Mission District after the San Francisco 49ers' NFC Championship victory, police said today.
One person was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, one on an outstanding warrant and one for driving under the influence. Nine people were arrested for public intoxication, police spokesman Officer Gordon Shyy said.
Crowds spilled into the streets following the 49ers' 28-24 win over the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, briefly taking over part of Mission Street near Silver Avenue, Shyy said.
However, there were no reports of vandalism like that seen in October, when rowdy crowds damaged storefronts along several blocks in the Mission after the San Francisco Giants won the World Series, Shyy said.
He said police are already planning for the Super Bowl on Feb. 3, when the 49ers will face the Baltimore Ravens in New Orleans.
san francisco 49ers, nfl, nfl playoffs, SFPD, crime, san francisco news
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos