San Francisco News
12 arrested in Mission District revelry after 49ers win
SAN FRANCISCO -- A dozen people were arrested Sunday during the revelry in the Mission District after the San Francisco 49ers' NFC Championship victory, police said today.
One person was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, one on an outstanding warrant and one for driving under the influence. Nine people were arrested for public intoxication, police spokesman Officer Gordon Shyy said.
Crowds spilled into the streets following the 49ers' 28-24 win over the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, briefly taking over part of Mission Street near Silver Avenue, Shyy said.
However, there were no reports of vandalism like that seen in October, when rowdy crowds damaged storefronts along several blocks in the Mission after the San Francisco Giants won the World Series, Shyy said.
He said police are already planning for the Super Bowl on Feb. 3, when the 49ers will face the Baltimore Ravens in New Orleans.
san francisco 49ers, nfl, nfl playoffs, SFPD, crime, san francisco news
- Police make arrest after officer shot in San Francisco 3 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Thousands protest ahead of Fukushima anniversary
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack 29 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Police make arrest after officer shot in...
3 min ago