San Francisco News
12 arrested in Mission District revelry after 49ers win
SAN FRANCISCO -- A dozen people were arrested Sunday during the revelry in the Mission District after the San Francisco 49ers' NFC Championship victory, police said today.
One person was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, one on an outstanding warrant and one for driving under the influence. Nine people were arrested for public intoxication, police spokesman Officer Gordon Shyy said.
Crowds spilled into the streets following the 49ers' 28-24 win over the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, briefly taking over part of Mission Street near Silver Avenue, Shyy said.
However, there were no reports of vandalism like that seen in October, when rowdy crowds damaged storefronts along several blocks in the Mission after the San Francisco Giants won the World Series, Shyy said.
He said police are already planning for the Super Bowl on Feb. 3, when the 49ers will face the Baltimore Ravens in New Orleans.
san francisco 49ers, nfl, nfl playoffs, SFPD, crime, san francisco news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bay Area wakes up to frost as cold snap hits
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash 10 min ago
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting 3 min ago
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities 12 min ago
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Man grabs iPhone from pregnant woman at hospital
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades 41 min ago
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping 31 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect makes court appearance 16 min ago
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: Murder trial; Bank robbery arrest 51 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday