San Francisco News
Police release photos of bank robbers
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police are asking for the public's help in identifying two men who robbed a bank in the city's Richmond District earlier this month.
The robbery was reported shortly before noon on Jan. 4 at a bank in the 6000 block of Geary Boulevard.
The pair entered the bank and one suspect held employees at gunpoint while the other stayed near the doors, police said.
Bank employees handed over an undisclosed amount of cash to the suspects, who then fled and were last seen getting into a dark-colored vehicle, according to police.
The suspects were caught on surveillance video at the bank, and police have released images of them in the hopes that the public can help identify them.
The armed suspect was described as a black man between 30 and 35 years old who is about 6 feet 1 inches tall and between 230 and 250 pounds. He had a dark and possibly fake beard, and was wearing a black-and-blue checkered long-sleeve shirt, a black Orlando Magic hat and a black shoulder bag, police said.
The other suspect, described as a black man about 5 feet 6 inches tall, was wearing a white-and-black checkered hooded jacket.
Anyone with information about the suspects is encouraged to call the Police Department's major crimes unit at (415) 553-1201, the anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
richmond district, crime, san francisco news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos