San Francisco News
Police release video of pharmacy robbers
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police have released surveillance footage of two men who robbed a pair of pharmacies on the western side of the city last week.
The robberies both occurred on Jan. 14, one at about 1:45 p.m. in the 1900 block of Clement Street in the Richmond District and the other at about 6:40 p.m. in the 1800 block of Noriega Street in the Sunset District, police said.
In each case, the men entered the pharmacy, pointed a gun at employees and took prescription drugs, according to police.
Investigators believe the suspects were trying to take medicine containing oxycodone, because they took items in both stores that said "Oxy" on the label, police said.
One suspect is described as a black man between 20 and 25 years old with black hair and a thin build, and about 5 feet 8 to 5 feet 10 inches tall. He may have a pudgy nose and be left-handed, police said.
He was last seen wearing a baseball cap, black ski jacket, dark pants, a blue backpack and white gloves.
The second suspect, also described as a black man between 20 and 25 years old with black hair and a thin build, is about 5 feet 10 inches tall. He was wearing a dark ski jacket, dark sneakers and black-and-white gloves, according to police.
No one was injured in either robbery.
Anyone with information about the cases is encouraged to call Inspector Peterson with the Police Department's criminal investigations unit at (415) 553-1201. People wishing to remain anonymous can also call (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
crime, SFPD, san francisco news
- Brentwood students facing charges for sexting scandal
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos