San Francisco News
Police release video of pharmacy robbers
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police have released surveillance footage of two men who robbed a pair of pharmacies on the western side of the city last week.
The robberies both occurred on Jan. 14, one at about 1:45 p.m. in the 1900 block of Clement Street in the Richmond District and the other at about 6:40 p.m. in the 1800 block of Noriega Street in the Sunset District, police said.
In each case, the men entered the pharmacy, pointed a gun at employees and took prescription drugs, according to police.
Investigators believe the suspects were trying to take medicine containing oxycodone, because they took items in both stores that said "Oxy" on the label, police said.
One suspect is described as a black man between 20 and 25 years old with black hair and a thin build, and about 5 feet 8 to 5 feet 10 inches tall. He may have a pudgy nose and be left-handed, police said.
He was last seen wearing a baseball cap, black ski jacket, dark pants, a blue backpack and white gloves.
The second suspect, also described as a black man between 20 and 25 years old with black hair and a thin build, is about 5 feet 10 inches tall. He was wearing a dark ski jacket, dark sneakers and black-and-white gloves, according to police.
No one was injured in either robbery.
Anyone with information about the cases is encouraged to call Inspector Peterson with the Police Department's criminal investigations unit at (415) 553-1201. People wishing to remain anonymous can also call (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
crime, SFPD, san francisco news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan
- Online retailers take part in Free Shipping Day
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 US films to be preserved
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday