San Francisco News
Police seek public's help in solving fatal beating case
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police are asking for the public's help in solving the case of an elderly man who was fatally beaten by a group of teenage boys in the city's Bayview District three years ago.
Huan Chen, 83, was attacked by a group of boys on Jan. 24, 2010 -- three years ago Thursday -- after he left a San Francisco Municipal Railway light-rail stop at Third Street and Oakdale Avenue and was walking to his assisted living facility, police said.
Chen was struck on the back of the head, causing him to fall to the ground and hit his head on the pavement. He was taken to a hospital where he died two months later, according to police.
The teens fled and have not been found.
The mayor's office has authorized a $100,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspects in Chen's killing.
Anyone with information should call Inspectors Kevin Jones or Pamela Hofsass with the Police Department's homicide detail at (415) 553-1145, the anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or should send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
crime, san francisco news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday