San Francisco News
Police seek public's help in solving fatal beating case
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police are asking for the public's help in solving the case of an elderly man who was fatally beaten by a group of teenage boys in the city's Bayview District three years ago.
Huan Chen, 83, was attacked by a group of boys on Jan. 24, 2010 -- three years ago Thursday -- after he left a San Francisco Municipal Railway light-rail stop at Third Street and Oakdale Avenue and was walking to his assisted living facility, police said.
Chen was struck on the back of the head, causing him to fall to the ground and hit his head on the pavement. He was taken to a hospital where he died two months later, according to police.
The teens fled and have not been found.
The mayor's office has authorized a $100,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspects in Chen's killing.
Anyone with information should call Inspectors Kevin Jones or Pamela Hofsass with the Police Department's homicide detail at (415) 553-1145, the anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or should send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
crime, san francisco news
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Concession workers launch one-day strike at AT&T
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying 19 min ago
- PG&E disputes record fine for San Bruno blast
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge 52 min ago
- Protesters to march vs Monsanto in 250 cities 37 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks 33 min ago
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos