San Francisco News
Police seek public's help in solving fatal beating case
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police are asking for the public's help in solving the case of an elderly man who was fatally beaten by a group of teenage boys in the city's Bayview District three years ago.
Huan Chen, 83, was attacked by a group of boys on Jan. 24, 2010 -- three years ago Thursday -- after he left a San Francisco Municipal Railway light-rail stop at Third Street and Oakdale Avenue and was walking to his assisted living facility, police said.
Chen was struck on the back of the head, causing him to fall to the ground and hit his head on the pavement. He was taken to a hospital where he died two months later, according to police.
The teens fled and have not been found.
The mayor's office has authorized a $100,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspects in Chen's killing.
Anyone with information should call Inspectors Kevin Jones or Pamela Hofsass with the Police Department's homicide detail at (415) 553-1145, the anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or should send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
crime, san francisco news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- BART to vote on allowing bikes on rush hour trains
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food 15 min ago
- Actor Brad Pitt says he suffers from prosopagnosia 57 min ago
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak 3 min ago
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos