San Francisco News
Suspected explosive device found in SF contained
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco bomb squad has contained a suspected suspicious device found in the city's North Beach neighborhood.
Officer Albie Esparza says the unattended suspicious package was discovered Saturday around 1:40 p.m. near Stockton and Vallejo streets.
While police investigated, residents and businesses were told to shelter-in-place while pedestrians were cleared from the area.
(Bay City News contributed to this story)
north beach, suspicious package, sffd, SFPD, san francisco news
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall 48 min ago
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos