San Francisco News
Suspected explosive device found in SF contained
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco bomb squad has contained a suspected suspicious device found in the city's North Beach neighborhood.
Officer Albie Esparza says the unattended suspicious package was discovered Saturday around 1:40 p.m. near Stockton and Vallejo streets.
While police investigated, residents and businesses were told to shelter-in-place while pedestrians were cleared from the area.
(Bay City News contributed to this story)
north beach, suspicious package, sffd, SFPD, san francisco news
- BART'S top cop to have auditor assess reforms
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- Alameda County Fair opens with new food, new rides
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue
- South SF husband and wife charged with pimping 40 min ago
- 10 people charged after sit-in at AT&T Park 13 min ago
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease 17 min ago
- Police enforcing pedestrian safety in San Mateo Co.
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast 25 min ago
- Oakland theater to host "Fruitvale Station" screening 12 min ago
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin 11 min ago
- roundup: Fairfield grass fire; SJ baseball suit
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday