San Francisco News
Suspected explosive device found in SF contained
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco bomb squad has contained a suspected suspicious device found in the city's North Beach neighborhood.
Officer Albie Esparza says the unattended suspicious package was discovered Saturday around 1:40 p.m. near Stockton and Vallejo streets.
While police investigated, residents and businesses were told to shelter-in-place while pedestrians were cleared from the area.
(Bay City News contributed to this story)
north beach, suspicious package, sffd, SFPD, san francisco news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday