San Francisco News
Report: Bay to Breakers major sponsor pulls out
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The major sponsor of San Francisco's Bay to Breakers race has dropped out, leaving organizers less than four months to find another primary financial backer.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports Zazzle, an online company that sells customized t-shirts and novelties, withdrew from the Bay to Breakers after failing to reach terms with race organizers.
Zazzle has been the major sponsor the past two years. The general manager of the race says the 102nd running of the Bay to Breakers will go on as scheduled on May 19.
bay to breakers, san francisco news, amy hollyfield
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos