San Francisco News
Report: Bay to Breakers major sponsor pulls out
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The major sponsor of San Francisco's Bay to Breakers race has dropped out, leaving organizers less than four months to find another primary financial backer.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports Zazzle, an online company that sells customized t-shirts and novelties, withdrew from the Bay to Breakers after failing to reach terms with race organizers.
Zazzle has been the major sponsor the past two years. The general manager of the race says the 102nd running of the Bay to Breakers will go on as scheduled on May 19.
bay to breakers, san francisco news, amy hollyfield
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Cyclists converge in Livermore for Amgen Tour of CA 37 min ago
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash
- Occupy the Farm protesters returning to Albany land 5 min ago
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting
- 2 fires north of Los Angeles persist after long fire week 2 min ago
- Credit card skimming devices found at 2 gas stations
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday