San Francisco News
Mayor Lee delivers State of San Francisco address
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Mayor Ed Lee is delivering his State of San Francisco address.
As he enters his third year in office, the mayor is particularly proud of the city's revived manufacturing sector.
In an excerpt from the webcast streaming on SFGovTV.org, Mayor Lee said, "Local manufacturing jobs increased 12 and a half percent in 2012, outpacing the job growth of most other sectors after literally decades of decline. We're putting people back to work in literally 435 companies that are headquartered and manufacture their products in our city today. "
Lee also acknowledged the communal aspect of San Francisco's sports landscape, with the 49ers playing in the Super Bowl and the Giants clinching the World Series.
ed lee, jobs, economy, san francisco 49ers, san francisco giants, world series, super bowl, nfl, nfl playoffs, san francisco news
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 3 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos