San Francisco News
Mayor Lee delivers State of San Francisco address
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Mayor Ed Lee is delivering his State of San Francisco address.
As he enters his third year in office, the mayor is particularly proud of the city's revived manufacturing sector.
In an excerpt from the webcast streaming on SFGovTV.org, Mayor Lee said, "Local manufacturing jobs increased 12 and a half percent in 2012, outpacing the job growth of most other sectors after literally decades of decline. We're putting people back to work in literally 435 companies that are headquartered and manufacture their products in our city today. "
Lee also acknowledged the communal aspect of San Francisco's sports landscape, with the 49ers playing in the Super Bowl and the Giants clinching the World Series.
ed lee, jobs, economy, san francisco 49ers, san francisco giants, world series, super bowl, nfl, nfl playoffs, san francisco news
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos