San Francisco News
Mayor Lee delivers State of San Francisco address
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Mayor Ed Lee is delivering his State of San Francisco address.
As he enters his third year in office, the mayor is particularly proud of the city's revived manufacturing sector.
In an excerpt from the webcast streaming on SFGovTV.org, Mayor Lee said, "Local manufacturing jobs increased 12 and a half percent in 2012, outpacing the job growth of most other sectors after literally decades of decline. We're putting people back to work in literally 435 companies that are headquartered and manufacture their products in our city today. "
Lee also acknowledged the communal aspect of San Francisco's sports landscape, with the 49ers playing in the Super Bowl and the Giants clinching the World Series.
ed lee, jobs, economy, san francisco 49ers, san francisco giants, world series, super bowl, nfl, nfl playoffs, san francisco news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 3 min ago
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control 42 min ago
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges 57 min ago
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday