San Francisco News
Mayor Lee delivers State of San Francisco address
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Mayor Ed Lee is delivering his State of San Francisco address.
As he enters his third year in office, the mayor is particularly proud of the city's revived manufacturing sector.
In an excerpt from the webcast streaming on SFGovTV.org, Mayor Lee said, "Local manufacturing jobs increased 12 and a half percent in 2012, outpacing the job growth of most other sectors after literally decades of decline. We're putting people back to work in literally 435 companies that are headquartered and manufacture their products in our city today. "
Lee also acknowledged the communal aspect of San Francisco's sports landscape, with the 49ers playing in the Super Bowl and the Giants clinching the World Series.
ed lee, jobs, economy, san francisco 49ers, san francisco giants, world series, super bowl, nfl, nfl playoffs, san francisco news
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Fatal collision blocks lanes on I-880 near Coliseum 38 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts