San Francisco News
SFPD release photo of suspect in Outer Richmond attack
SAN FRANCISCO -- Wednesday San Francisco police released a photo of a suspect and are asking for information on his whereabouts after he allegedly tried to sexually assault a woman and then stabbed her in the head in the city's Outer Richmond neighborhood earlier this month.
Ricky Philsith, also known as Ratanaphon Philsith, is wanted for the Jan. 7 attack in the 400 block of 39th Avenue.
Philsith, 35, who is known to the victim, allegedly tried to sexually assault her in a home. When she resisted, he began choking her and then stabbed her in the head with a knife, police spokesman Officer Carlos Manfredi said.
Philsith had also allegedly threatened to kill the victim and her boyfriend, police said.
He is known to have two firearms registered to him and carries a knife and may be in possession of those weapons, according to police.
Philsith is described as being 6 feet tall and weighing about 180 pounds with black hair and pockmarks on his face. He speaks Thai and limited English and has been known to drive a 2011 dark gray Toyota Seneca with license plate No. KUMAN77.
Anyone with information about Philsith's whereabouts is encouraged to call the Police Department's special victims unit at (415) 553-1361 or the department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444.
The release of the photo is part of "The Line-Up," the Police Department's weekly crime prevention tool in which investigators release a photo or video of a suspect and ask for the public's help in solving a case.
richmond district, san francisco news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting 47 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880 29 min ago
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 3 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer...
47 min ago
- Object spotted may be part of missing...
57 min ago