San Francisco News
SFPD release photo of suspect in Outer Richmond attack
SAN FRANCISCO -- Wednesday San Francisco police released a photo of a suspect and are asking for information on his whereabouts after he allegedly tried to sexually assault a woman and then stabbed her in the head in the city's Outer Richmond neighborhood earlier this month.
Ricky Philsith, also known as Ratanaphon Philsith, is wanted for the Jan. 7 attack in the 400 block of 39th Avenue.
Philsith, 35, who is known to the victim, allegedly tried to sexually assault her in a home. When she resisted, he began choking her and then stabbed her in the head with a knife, police spokesman Officer Carlos Manfredi said.
Philsith had also allegedly threatened to kill the victim and her boyfriend, police said.
He is known to have two firearms registered to him and carries a knife and may be in possession of those weapons, according to police.
Philsith is described as being 6 feet tall and weighing about 180 pounds with black hair and pockmarks on his face. He speaks Thai and limited English and has been known to drive a 2011 dark gray Toyota Seneca with license plate No. KUMAN77.
Anyone with information about Philsith's whereabouts is encouraged to call the Police Department's special victims unit at (415) 553-1361 or the department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444.
The release of the photo is part of "The Line-Up," the Police Department's weekly crime prevention tool in which investigators release a photo or video of a suspect and ask for the public's help in solving a case.
richmond district, san francisco news
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro 17 min ago
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry 56 min ago
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
56 min ago