San Francisco News
SFPD release photo of suspect in Outer Richmond attack
SAN FRANCISCO -- Wednesday San Francisco police released a photo of a suspect and are asking for information on his whereabouts after he allegedly tried to sexually assault a woman and then stabbed her in the head in the city's Outer Richmond neighborhood earlier this month.
Ricky Philsith, also known as Ratanaphon Philsith, is wanted for the Jan. 7 attack in the 400 block of 39th Avenue.
Philsith, 35, who is known to the victim, allegedly tried to sexually assault her in a home. When she resisted, he began choking her and then stabbed her in the head with a knife, police spokesman Officer Carlos Manfredi said.
Philsith had also allegedly threatened to kill the victim and her boyfriend, police said.
He is known to have two firearms registered to him and carries a knife and may be in possession of those weapons, according to police.
Philsith is described as being 6 feet tall and weighing about 180 pounds with black hair and pockmarks on his face. He speaks Thai and limited English and has been known to drive a 2011 dark gray Toyota Seneca with license plate No. KUMAN77.
Anyone with information about Philsith's whereabouts is encouraged to call the Police Department's special victims unit at (415) 553-1361 or the department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444.
The release of the photo is part of "The Line-Up," the Police Department's weekly crime prevention tool in which investigators release a photo or video of a suspect and ask for the public's help in solving a case.
richmond district, san francisco news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF 3 min ago
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect 4 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos