San Francisco News
SF archbishop: Gay marriage is "natural impossibility"
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Outspoken San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone is also causing a stir with comments he made about gay marriage.
During an interview with a Catholic newspaper in England this week -- the archbishop referred to same-sex marriage as a "natural impossibility."
Cordileone told the Catholic Herald: "Legislating for the right for people of the same sex to marry is like legalizing male breastfeeding."
The archbishop told the newspaper that fighting to protect traditional marriage is god's gift for this generation.
pope, crime, DUI, religion, san francisco news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos