San Francisco News
Tractor crashes into pole, sending driver to hospital
SAN FRANCISCO -- A tractor hit a utility pole this morning, knocking down wires in San Francisco's Bayview District, a fire department spokeswoman said.
The tractor driver lost control and hit the pole on Griffith Street between Ingerson and Jamestown avenues around 9:40 a.m., fire spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge said.
The driver was taken to the hospital with injuries not believed to be life-threatening, she said.
The driver was the only person involved in the crash, she said.
crash, bayview hunters point, san francisco news
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday