San Francisco News
Tractor crashes into pole, sending driver to hospital
SAN FRANCISCO -- A tractor hit a utility pole this morning, knocking down wires in San Francisco's Bayview District, a fire department spokeswoman said.
The tractor driver lost control and hit the pole on Griffith Street between Ingerson and Jamestown avenues around 9:40 a.m., fire spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge said.
The driver was taken to the hospital with injuries not believed to be life-threatening, she said.
The driver was the only person involved in the crash, she said.
crash, bayview hunters point, san francisco news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday