San Francisco News
SF Mayor Lee seeks to fundraise for 2024 Olympics
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Mayor Ed lee is looking way beyond Sunday's Super Bowl to help San Francisco cash in on big time sporting events.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports he wants to establish a permanent nonprofit organization to help bring future events here, including the 2024 Olympic Games.
On Friday the mayor said the idea grew out of recent efforts to raise up to $20 million to help cover the city's cost for hosting the America's Cup this summer.
The nonprofit would be called "OneSF" to build on the America's Cup efforts in anticipation of bringing a future Super Bowl here as well.
ed lee, super bowl, america's cup, fundraiser, san francisco news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect
- India says Malaysia seeking help in search for jet
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif. 57 min ago
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Mountain lion caught on camera in Hollywood Hlls 25 min ago
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 18 min ago
- Boat crashes into rocks near Oyster Point Marina
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Groups protest chemicals used in iPhone 50 min ago
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos