San Francisco News
SF Mayor Lee seeks to fundraise for 2024 Olympics
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Mayor Ed lee is looking way beyond Sunday's Super Bowl to help San Francisco cash in on big time sporting events.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports he wants to establish a permanent nonprofit organization to help bring future events here, including the 2024 Olympic Games.
On Friday the mayor said the idea grew out of recent efforts to raise up to $20 million to help cover the city's cost for hosting the America's Cup this summer.
The nonprofit would be called "OneSF" to build on the America's Cup efforts in anticipation of bringing a future Super Bowl here as well.
ed lee, super bowl, america's cup, fundraiser, san francisco news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos