San Francisco News
SF Mayor Lee seeks to fundraise for 2024 Olympics
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Mayor Ed lee is looking way beyond Sunday's Super Bowl to help San Francisco cash in on big time sporting events.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports he wants to establish a permanent nonprofit organization to help bring future events here, including the 2024 Olympic Games.
On Friday the mayor said the idea grew out of recent efforts to raise up to $20 million to help cover the city's cost for hosting the America's Cup this summer.
The nonprofit would be called "OneSF" to build on the America's Cup efforts in anticipation of bringing a future Super Bowl here as well.
ed lee, super bowl, america's cup, fundraiser, san francisco news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep 33 min ago
- Korean Air A380 hits 2 light poles at LA airport
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 35 min ago
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
35 min ago