San Francisco News
Oracle catamaran back in water after wreck
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- People can once again expect to see Oracle's impressive 72-foot catamaran sailing around the San Francisco Bay.
Monday morning, Oracle Team U.S.A, put their $8 million boat back in the water. It has been undergoing repairs since it flipped over last October during training.
The crew used the accident as an opportunity to make design modifications. The accident made the Oracle team lose about two-thirds of its practice time, meaning they have some catching up to do.
The America's Cup race sets sail this summer.
san francisco bay, oracle, boats, san francisco news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California 48 min ago
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Korean Air A380 hits 2 light poles at LA airport 39 min ago
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch