San Francisco News
Oracle catamaran back in water after wreck
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- People can once again expect to see Oracle's impressive 72-foot catamaran sailing around the San Francisco Bay.
Monday morning, Oracle Team U.S.A, put their $8 million boat back in the water. It has been undergoing repairs since it flipped over last October during training.
The crew used the accident as an opportunity to make design modifications. The accident made the Oracle team lose about two-thirds of its practice time, meaning they have some catching up to do.
The America's Cup race sets sail this summer.
san francisco bay, oracle, boats, san francisco news
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday