San Francisco News
Crash that killed cyclist near AT&T Park investigated
SAN FRANCISCO -- Police are investigating a crash involving a cement truck that killed a woman on a bicycle in front of AT&T Park in San Francisco Saturday morning.
Officers responded to reports of the collision near the intersection of Third and King streets around 9:37 a.m., police said.
Both the woman and the cement truck were heading westbound on King Street when, for unknown reasons, they collided, Sgt. Michael Andraychak said.
The driver stopped immediately after the crash and is cooperating with the police investigation, he said.
The woman was taken to a hospital with life-threatening injuries and was pronounced dead later that morning.
Investigators are attempting to determine how the crash happened. Alcohol and drugs do not appear to have been a factor, police said.
The fatal collision occurred as thousands of people waited to enter the San Francisco Giants Fan Fest.
at&t park, bikes, crash, san francisco news
- One dead, another critical in San Francisco fire 7 min ago
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station 6 min ago
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos