San Francisco News
$900M expansion proposed for busy BART stations
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Two of BART's busiest San Francisco stations could be on track for a major expansion.
In five years, the Embarcadero Station could feature various improvements including new tunnels, elevators, and stairs. Riders would also be able to board and exit on both sides of the train.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports the proposed $900 million expansion is in response to the transit system's ballooning ridership. If approved, the Montgomery Street station would see similar changes.
BART, transportation, san francisco news
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test 10 min ago
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole 27 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 2 min ago
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos