San Francisco News
$900M expansion proposed for busy BART stations
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Two of BART's busiest San Francisco stations could be on track for a major expansion.
In five years, the Embarcadero Station could feature various improvements including new tunnels, elevators, and stairs. Riders would also be able to board and exit on both sides of the train.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports the proposed $900 million expansion is in response to the transit system's ballooning ridership. If approved, the Montgomery Street station would see similar changes.
BART, transportation, san francisco news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Woman's cremated ashes washed away in fire
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday