San Francisco News
$900M expansion proposed for busy BART stations
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Two of BART's busiest San Francisco stations could be on track for a major expansion.
In five years, the Embarcadero Station could feature various improvements including new tunnels, elevators, and stairs. Riders would also be able to board and exit on both sides of the train.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports the proposed $900 million expansion is in response to the transit system's ballooning ridership. If approved, the Montgomery Street station would see similar changes.
BART, transportation, san francisco news
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building 27 min ago
- Manhunt on for Bay Area ATM robber
- Outkast, The Cure to headline BottleRock in Napa
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection 9 min ago
- CDC reports rare woman-to-woman HIV transmission
- Overnight stays come to Winchester Mystery House
- Gorilla delivered via rare C-section at San Diego Zoo
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos