San Francisco News
Fire crews rescue man stuck on cliff at Baker Beach
SAN FRANCISCO -- Fire crews rescued a man who was stuck on a cliff at San Francisco's Baker Beach Monday afternoon.
Crews responded at about 1:40 p.m. to a call from a man who had climbed up rocks on the north end of the beach and was unable to get down, fire spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge said.
Authorities rappelled down the cliffside to reach him.
The man was not injured.
rescue, san francisco news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case