San Francisco News
Two injured in hatchet attack during home invasion
SAN FRANCISCO -- Two men were injured when they were attacked with a hatchet during a home invasion robbery in San Francisco's Noe Valley neighborhood on Thursday night, police said Friday.
The robbery was reported at about 11:15 p.m. in the 300 block of 27th Street.
A 58-year-old man came home to find the other victim, a 69-year-old man, tied up and suffering from a cut wound. The 58-year-old man was then attacked with a hatchet by three male suspects in the home, according to police.
Both victims suffered deep lacerations and were taken to a hospital to be treated for their injuries, which are not considered life-threatening, police said.
The suspects fled and had not been found as of this morning. Anyone with information about the robbery is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411.
noe valley, crime, san francisco news
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- One killed in residential fire in San Francisco 23 min ago
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Consumer Reports evaluates best toilet papers
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos