San Francisco News
Elderly woman injured after being struck by Muni bus
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- An elderly woman has been transported to the hospital with serious injuries after being struck by a Muni bus near Lake Merced near the southern end of Lake Merced.
A 73-year-old woman was struck shortly before 4:30 p.m. when the outbound 18 46th Avenue bus was turning from John Muir Boulevard onto Lake Merced Boulevard.
The woman was transported to San Francisco General Hospital.
Muni spokesperson Paul Rose says the cause of the accident remains under investigation. And as part of a standard procedure in these types of investigations, the driver is being questioned and will be undergo drug and alcohol testing.
muni, SFMTA, crash, transportation, san francisco news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze 44 min ago
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday