San Francisco News
Elderly woman injured after being struck by Muni bus
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- An elderly woman has been transported to the hospital with serious injuries after being struck by a Muni bus near Lake Merced near the southern end of Lake Merced.
A 73-year-old woman was struck shortly before 4:30 p.m. when the outbound 18 46th Avenue bus was turning from John Muir Boulevard onto Lake Merced Boulevard.
The woman was transported to San Francisco General Hospital.
Muni spokesperson Paul Rose says the cause of the accident remains under investigation. And as part of a standard procedure in these types of investigations, the driver is being questioned and will be undergo drug and alcohol testing.
muni, SFMTA, crash, transportation, san francisco news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire