San Francisco News
Woman dies after being struck by Muni bus
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A 72-year-old woman has died from injuries she received when she was hit by a Muni bus in Daly City. The woman was struck at 4:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon when the outbound 18 46th Avenue bus was turning from John Muir Boulevard onto Lake Merced Boulevard.
The woman was hit by the back of the bus while she was in the crosswalk. Family members told ABC 7 News the woman's injuries were very serious and that they signed a do not resuscitate form.
The Muni driver is being questioned and will undergo standard drug and alcohol testing.
muni, SFMTA, crash, transportation, san francisco news
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland 58 min ago
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos