San Francisco News
Woman dies after being struck by Muni bus
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A 72-year-old woman has died from injuries she received when she was hit by a Muni bus in Daly City. The woman was struck at 4:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon when the outbound 18 46th Avenue bus was turning from John Muir Boulevard onto Lake Merced Boulevard.
The woman was hit by the back of the bus while she was in the crosswalk. Family members told ABC 7 News the woman's injuries were very serious and that they signed a do not resuscitate form.
The Muni driver is being questioned and will undergo standard drug and alcohol testing.
muni, SFMTA, crash, transportation, san francisco news
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move
- Dixon boy fatally mauled by dog in Union City
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Police ID Boulevard Burger armed robbery suspect
- Colma BART station reopened after fatality
- 7 construction workers, firefighter hurt in SF General fire
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after SF Hwy 101 crash
- Authorities: Unattended campfire caused Calif. fire
- Intel chief: NSA foiled dozens of terrorist plots
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: SF hospital fire; SF Giants unveil cafe
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday